Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search the Library Catalog for Books, eBooks, and Films about Frankenstein
Searching the Library Catalog
TCC Library's Literary Databases
Academic Search Premier
Multidisciplinary database covering social sciences, humanities, education, physical and life sciences, and ethnic studies.
Access back issues of core journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
An integrated search across Gale literary databases, including Gale Virtual Reference Library eBooks (GVRL), Literature Criticism Online (LCO), Literature Resource Center, and LitFinder. Find literary works, journal articles, literature criticism and analysis, reviews, author biographies, and a collection of expertly written work overviews.
Literature Criticism Online
Extensive compilation of literary criticism on drama, poetry, short stories, and fiction.
Literature Resource Center
Current biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews from around the world.
Access literary works throughout history. Includes more than 150,000 full-text poems and 800,000+ poetry citations, as well as short stories, speeches, and plays. The database also features secondary materials like biographies, images, and more.
Selected authors and works from the Critical Insights series.
A Selection of Books, eBooks, and Films about Frankenstein from the Library Catalog
- Use keywords in library databases instead of sentences and questions.
- When searching the library catalog or one of TCC's literary databases, try search for your topic keyword(s) along with "Frankenstein" or "Shelley" first. For example: ("exploration" AND "Frankenstein") or ("gothic literature" AND "Shelley"). Try several variations to maximize the number of relevant results.
- Also consider searching for your topic along with the "criticism" or "analysis" or "literature". For example: ("alienation" AND "criticism") or ("revenge" and "literature"). While the results might not be directly related to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, the information in those text could be used to support your argument.
- To look for an exact phrase, type your phrase within quotation marks (" "). The results will contain the exact words in the quotation marks.
- Use an asterisk (*) at the end of a root word, known as truncation, to retrieve results containing any form of the root word.
- Example: teen* will find teens, teenage, teenager, teenagers
- Use filters to refine your results by subject terms/topics, date, type of publication, language, peer-reviewed, etc.
- Some databases use Boolean Operators. Narrow or expand your search by combining keywords using AND / OR / NOT operators, as shown below.
Metro Campus Library: 918.595.7172 | Northeast Campus Library: 918.595.7501 | Southeast Campus Library: 918.595.7701 | West Campus Library: 918.595.8010
email: Library Website Technical Help | TCC Acceptable Use Policy | MyTCC | © 2020 Tulsa Community College