Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
OER Repositories and Digital Libraries
Pressbooks Directory provides an index of 4,989 books published across 143 Pressbooks networks.
Openly Available Sources Integrated Search (OASIS) is a search tool for open educational resources (OER).
The Mason OER Metafinder helps find Open Educational Resources.
MERLOT’s collection has over 5,800 open textbooks and a collection of whole courses, small instructional modules, and more.
OER Commons is a public digital library of open educational resources.
The Digital Public Library of America brings together America's libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available.
The NSDL holds a wide range of materials to support learning at all levels.
- MIT OpenCourseWare- Massachusetts Institute of Technology OCW is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content.
- Open Course Library- a collection of high quality, free-to-use courses that can be downloaded and used for teaching
- Khan Academy- Expert-created content and resources for every course and level
- Lumen Learning-an education technology company that creates low-cost open courseware
- Saylor Academy-offers free online college courses for students from any country of the world
- Academic Earth-find free online courses, lectures, and videos from schools like Yale, MIT, and Stanford
- Open Learning Initiative-from Stanford University, OLI is a grant-funded organization that offers innovative online courses
- Pressbooks Directory-Pressbooks Directory provides an index of 4,859 books published across 138 Pressbooks networks.
- OpenStax- from Rice University, OpenStax has created peer-reviewed, open textbooks, available in free digital format or low cost in print
- BCcampus Open Ed-a collection of open textbooks aligned with the top 40 subject areas in the province of British Columbia
- Open SUNY Textbooks-an open textbook publishing initiative established by State University of New York libraries
- Open Textbook Library- Open Textbook Library is supported by the Center for Open Education
- Textbook Revolution-a student-run site with OER books in varying formats
- InTech-built by scientists, In Tech publishes Open Access books for professors, researchers, librarians, and students
- GALILEO-Open Learning Materials brings together open educational resources throughout the University System of Georgia, including open textbooks and ancillary materials.
- Project Gutenberg- a library of over 60,000 free eBooks.
- PBS Learning Media-free, high-quality videos, lesson plans, and other digital resources from Public Broadcasting Service
- Vimeo-browse the Creative Commons licensed videos on Vimeo
- Moving Image Archive-this library contains digital movies uploaded by users including class full-length films
- Learn Out Loud-over 10,000 free educational audio and video titles
- World Lecture Projec-over 50,000 academic videos from around the world
- Bozeman Science- hundreds of science videos created by Paul Anderson
- Flickr-after initial search, click on the drop-down behind "any license" and select "all creative commons"
- Google Images-after using a search term, use advanced settings to locate pictures that are free to use, share, or modify, even commercially
- Pexels - free stock photos you can use everywhere, including commercial use and no attribution required
- Pixabay-copyright-free images, safe to use without asking for permission or giving credit to the artist-even for commercial purposes
- Prints and Photographs Online Catalog -Library of Congress-not all images in these collections are in the public domain
- Public Doman Review-curated collection of public domain images
- Smithsonian Open Access - images & data from the Smithsonian's museums, research centers, libraries, archives, & the National Zoo.
- Unsplash-over a million free high-resolution photos that are free to download and use under the Unsplash License.
- Wikimedia Commons-media file repository making available public domain and free-licensed educational media content
Metro Campus Library: 918.595.7172 | Northeast Campus Library: 918.595.7501 | Southeast Campus Library: 918.595.7701 | West Campus Library: 918.595.8010
email: Library Website Technical Help | TCC Acceptable Use Policy | MyTCC | © 2022 Tulsa Community College