Skip to Main Content
SRGT 2423 - Surgical Procedures and Associated Pathophysiology II
A study of cardiothoracic, peripheral vascular, orthopedic, neurosurgical, ophthalmic, and oral maxillofacial procedures and associated pathophysiologies.
Anatomy and Graphics
- Zygote Body, originally called Google Body, is an anatomy tool that allows you to manipulate a virtual human body. You can highlight various body systems and rotate the images into different views. Structures are named and you can pin them to help in studying. This tool works best with the Chrome browser and may not work with some computers' video cards. A free sign-up is required.
- Human Body Maps is an interactive anatomy tool, but with the ability to rotate images in 3D. Clicking structures retrieves relevant text.
- InnerBody is also an interactive anatomy system that allows you to study particular body systems
- The Medical Animation Library from the Penn Medicine website provides links to many medical animations arranged by body system and medical specialty.
- The Wellcome Library has over 100,000 images related to the history of medicine available to download free under a Creative Commons license.
- Eskeletons from the University of Texas Anthropology Department. A great way to study the human skeleton -- and the skeletons of other primates. Details photographs can be studied from several viewpoints.
- Open-i from the National Library of Medicine. Open-i "enables search and retrieval of abstracts and images (including charts, graphs, clinical images, etc.) from the open source literature, and biomedical image collections."
- The U.S. National Library of Medicine's Images from the History of Medicine collection provides access to over 70,000 digitized images, including portraits, photographs and posters.
Patient Perspective: Heart Surgery
Become familiar with what a patient may experience on the day of heart surgery. 2:49 clip
Metro Campus Library: 918.595.7172 | Northeast Campus Library: 918.595.7501 | Southeast Campus Library: 918.595.7701 | West Campus Library: 918.595.8010
email: Library Website Technical Help | MyTCC | © 2023 Tulsa Community College