Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Psychology Assessment Tools for Professionals
Finding an Instrument That Measures x, y or z (available on-campus only)
- Buros Institute classifies tests in Mental Measurements Yearbook (since 9th edition) into 19 major categories.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook, Score Index [click on title to see the library locations]
Z5814.P8 B932, latest edition in Reference. There's no cumulative index so you must consult each edition. The Score Index lists the actual variables measured by the test. To do the best search, think up alternate terms for the variable you wish to measure.
- Tests: A Comprehensive Reference for Assessments in Psychology, Education, and Business [click on title to see the library locations] BF 176.T43 in Reference
Meant as a quick and easy guide for major tests, it has some special features that could be helpful (foreign language availability index and indexes of tests suitable for special populations).
- Search the literature from relevant fields using the TCC Library's Articles & Databases (CINAHL, PsycINFO, and ERIC, etc.) to find what instruments other researchers have used.
- Consult books about tests in specialized areas. Also take a look at the Library's catalog searches for books:
|educational tests and measurements
|| language and languages--ability testing
|| norm referenced tests
|| personality tests
|| psychological tests
|competency based educational tests
|| psychological tests for children
|criterion referenced tests
|| social surveys
Metro Campus Library: 918.595.7172 | Northeast Campus Library: 918.595.7501 | Southeast Campus Library: 918.595.7701 | West Campus Library: 918.595.8010
email: Library Website Technical Help | TCC Acceptable Use Policy | MyTCC | © 2021 Tulsa Community College